Guide to shipping your Etchells to Hong Kong for the 2015 Etchells Worlds
The Hong Kong Class Association has partnered with global forwarder GAC and Royal Hong Kong Yacht Club to offer a competitive package that will get you on the water in Hong Kong and onwards for your next regatta with a minimum of fuss. Here’s how it works:
- Here is a link to information provided by GAC, which documents their extensive experience in yacht logistics and the specific services they will provide. It is important to note that shipping rates vary significantly so quoted rates are as of November 2014 and these may change.
- If you are thinking of bringing your Etchells to Hong Kong, please email Martin Helg from GAC Pindar with copy to firstname.lastname@example.org as early as possible to get the process started.
- Following that initial contact Royal Leung will connect you with your local GAC representative to arrange delivery and loading of your Etchells into a container. Please note the GAC Pindar pricing assumes you will arrange the loading.
- Upon arrival in Hong Kong GAC Pindar will coordinate delivery to the Marine & Boatyard team at RHKYC, Kellett Island in Causeway Bay, whose staff will remove the Etchells from the container and park the trailer on the hardstand. At your request, they can also step the mast ready for you to go sailing. The attached document sets out the costs for these services which will be charged to you separately.
- At the close of the regatta, all Etchells will return to Kellett Island for lifting and de-commissioning. GAC Pindar will then liaise with RHKYC to arrange containers to be delivered and loaded in accordance with the schedule pre-agreed with you. Depending on the number of boats to be shipped this process could take a number of days. Priority will be given to competitors who have a tight schedule for their next regatta but there are physical constraints on how many containers the RHKYC can manage at one time.
- Please review the attached GAC Pindar document and RHKYC Boatyard services document.
- Pay special attention to the estimated shipping times and cut offs listed by GAC.
- Don’t leave it till the last minute. Contact Martin Helg at GAC Pindar with copy to email@example.com ASAP.
Once we know your intention we can help co-ordinate all the details.
If you elect to use another shipping agent, we ask you to inform us of the company name, their contact details, your contact at the company and request they contact RHKYC in good time with all details so we can ensure we are ready to receive your boat. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and copy Simon Pickering email@example.com the Marine Operations Manager at RHKYC.
Should you have any queries or concerns please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.